Friday, September 14, 2007

Pizza Friday

Most Friday evenings we have pizza for dinner. I have tried different recipes for the crust and just haven't been pleased. Last week I tried the recipe that was listed at Biblical Womanhood.



1 Tbs active dry yeast
1 c warm water (105-115)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in water. Add rest of ingredients and mix together. On floured surface knead until smooth. About 5 minutes. Roll out & press down on greased pizza pan. Add toppings and bake 12-15 minutes at 450.

I doubled the recipe for a deep dish pizza. Just in case you are wondering how two people could eat such a large pizza, here is a picture of the leftovers that went into the freezer.


This will be tasty for night when I have had a busy day. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm making pizza for tonight! My recipe is similar and it makes 2 pizzas, so I always make both and freeze one. It is wonderful to have ready for nights that I don't want to cook.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    We've started doing "Pizza Fridays" as well--so fun! I've been using the recipe from The Motherload and we like the taste but I've found the dough difficult to "shape"--maybe I'll give this one a try!

    Good idea from you and Mary Ann to make enough for more than one meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, were you pleased with this crust? I've tried lots of pizza crust recipes, and haven't quite landed on the one yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!