Friday, September 21, 2007

Oatmeal Kiss Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup nuts (I did not use so Megan could eat these)
72 kisses

In a mixing bowl cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to mixture. Stir in nuts and oats. Roll into 1 in balls and bake at 375 on ungreased sheet for 10-12 minutes. Immediately press a kiss in the center of each cookie. Move to wire rack to cool. Yield: 6 dozen Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I've never had these with oatmeal, but they look delicious!

    That is so neat about Survivor being filmed in Megan's home province! Hope you'll see some familiar sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO!!! I am a cookie monster!! I think I NEEEEEEEEED to make these!!!!!!!!!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stopped by your blog the other day and I have to tell you - I LOVE IT!! I am already "borrowing" one of your crafts ideas - the little candle jars that spell out "Fall".

    Also, your daughter is absolutely adorable. What a blessing she must be.

    I'll keep stopping by. I love seeing your recipes, too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! What a yummy combination! I am going to add these to my recipes- thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!