Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Give Thanks Blocks

While in a craft/antique store several weeks ago saw block similar to the ones I made. They wanted $12.95 for the blocks. I thought I could make these.


I had Chuck cut scrap wood into the size I wanted. I then painted them orange. I printed out the wording in Word. I then placed the letter on top of the block and traced over the letters. It left enough of an imprint that I was able to fill in the letters with a sharpie. Not perfect, but that just ads to the homespun effect. The total cost of these.... FREE! I used materials I had on hand.

7 comments:

  1. Love it!! Looks great - and a nice way to disguise all the electrical equipment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute fall idea, and I love that you used stuff you already had. Nice job, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so cute... I may have to get my husband to cut some wood for me, so I can make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! You know I am a big fan of using what you already had! Way to save $13!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn Marie2:08 PM

    You are so good at taking what you have and making something so beautiful for your home. What a blessing you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your blocks! They look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!