Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Donuts

Sunday morning I made these. I used this to make the donuts. I used a large coffee cup to cut them out and then a small biscuit cutter to make the hole. Then they were fried in oil heated to about 300 degrees. Brown for about 2 minutes and then turn them over. I rolled most of them in powdered sugar. I made the chocolate glaze by melting chocolate chips and adding milk to thin it out. I need to work on it. The chocolate was a little too strong.

I remember the first time I made donuts in middle school Home Ec. We used refrigerated biscuit dough. Do you still remember your Home Ec cooking experiences?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:38 AM

    It was a very good breakfast.




    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually never took Home Ec., and the first few years of my married life were proof of that! :)

    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I've made donuts from scratch a long time ago and recently have been having the urge to make them again!
    As far as home-ec, I was home schooled, so any cooking was just part of the day's activities. (I do have quite a few flop stories, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That brings back memories of making those with my mom when I was young. YUM! Although, I'm HORRIBLE at frying stuff now..I'm too impatient at waiting for the oil to get to the right temp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My school didn't offer home economics!! I was SO looking forward to it and then when I got to high school, lo and behold, they had done away with the program!! HOW SAD!!! I would have LOVED to have taken it, though!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!