Monday, August 06, 2007

Stop and Smell the....

Petunias!


These petunias are in a window box on the garage window. For some reason yesterday they were very fragrant. The smell of these flowers always make me think of my grandmother. Mom always had petunias growing when I was a child. Just the smell makes me think of her. I can picture them growing in a planter on the old farmhouse porch. I can remember playing in the evening and the grown ups all sitting on the porch. Funny how a smell can bring back such a wonderful memory!

4 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    These are just beautiful!

    I've always been fascinated that certain smells (and even sounds) can trigger memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What vibrant colors! I thought that I'd killed my petunias when we were gone on vacation, but they have revived. :)
    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SO pretty!! My petunias did not do very well this year. :(

    I know what you mean about smells. The spring after Mr. U and I married, I noticed some honeysuckle growing in the woods near our home. The closer I got to it, the more I could smell the fragrance. Suddenly, I was about 10 years old and playing with my sister at my dad's softball games. FUN times!! :)

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! What a sweet memory of your grandmother and the time you spent playing at her home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!