Thursday, August 02, 2007

Seed Packets

I have started my Christmas craft projects. Boy is it hard to think of Christmas when it is over ninety degrees by 10 am and still close to that at 10 pm!

My mother-in-law is an avid gardener so I crafted these for her. Here is how these were made.
1. Cut out using pattern.



2. Fold side flaps together and then secure with double sided tape.

3. Fold up both of the end flaps. Secure only one with double sided tape.


4. For the closure I punched a hole in the back of the seed packed and a matching hole in the top flap. I then threaded ribbon through the holes. The ribbon is then tied in a bow to secure packet closed.

5. Decorate the front of the seed packet to your liking.



I made six packets and put a scripture on the front of each one. In case you are interested this is the scripture I used.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive"
1 Corinthians 15:22

"He has made everything beautiful in His time."
Ecclesiastes 3:2

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever."
Isaiah 40:8

"The whole earth is full of His glory!"
Isaiah 6:3

"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him."
Psalms 37:7

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are glad."
Psalms 126:3



I tied the packets together with twine. This will go into a gardening basket. Along with a stepping stone that will have Megan's little foot prints.

If anyone is interested in making these I would be happy to email you the pattern. Just leave a comment with your e-mail address.

Now that I have been bitten by the crafting bug I will be scouring blogs and magazines for cute ideas!

8 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are DARLING! Just Darling! I had never thought of making stepping stones now for Christmas, but I bet my MIL and Mom would LOVE those. What a great idea!

    I love the seed packets as well as the verses you chose. Your mom will be honored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so sweet!! They will make wonderful gifts and I love the Bible verses on them!
    Kelli
    P.s. Thank you for visiting my Open House yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas! Both the seed packets and stepping stones. Might have to copy you as my MIL is an avid gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the crafting bug too? Oooh - wish we lived closer and could get together to whip up some crafty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta job on these. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops...I meant great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!