Monday, August 13, 2007

Declutter & Make Money

This cabinet sits in the living room with a hutch on top. The cabinet underneath holds a hodge podge of things. It was getting to the point where it was not fun to open the cabinet for fear of something falling out. This is the before picture.




I removed books that I had read and did not want to keep. I passed them along to my mother-in-law. I found a basket that I had received a gift in to contain all of the diaper supplies. Then we sorted out the CD's.

We had tons of then. More then we were listening to. Chuck ended up taking them to a used CD store. He called on his way home to say he sold most of them for $280! Saying I was shocked is an understatement. Not only I was I able to declutter, but we made money in the process. Have to like that!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's wonderful!! I think Mr. U and I need to go through all of our CDs and sell them!!! What a great idea!!

    Mr. U and I have been in a decluttering mood lately, so this goes GREAT with it!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!

    Doesn't it feel great to organize and to get rid of things you don't need (as well as make some money in the process!)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun?! Your cabinet looks great and I know it will be a blessing to have the extra money instead of the extra clutter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I never thought of a used CD store...great idea.

    I periodically go through my books and give what I don't want to keep to our church library.

    Great job on the closet...it looks inviting, now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!