Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches


To make these I made chocolate chip cookies using this recipe. To make large cookies I used an ice cream scoop to get an uniform size. Once the cookies where scooped onto the cookie sheet I flattened them slightly. After the cookies had cooled I put them in the freeze. (You need to freeze the cookies so they do not get mushy when you add the ice cream.) While the cookies were in the freezer I scooped the ice cream. I put it on a cookie sheet and put in the refrigerator to soften. I added each scoop to the cookie and pushed the ice cream down using the other cookie. I then rolled the edges in mini chocolate chips.
These are so rich that we could not each a whole sandwich. I ended up cutting one in half and we shared it. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Oh YUM, YUM, YUM! I just love those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good. I am so excited to try this one with my daughter. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    My mouth is watering! Great treat--especially on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks soooo good!

    Thanks for stopping by to visit me and for your nice comment about my Gram's cookie cutters. I think that they'll most likely be used for decoration purposes. She used the middle cookie cutter the most for her famous raisin filled cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm!!! Rich dessert = HEAVEN!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha! I tried making these and the cookies got mushy - thank you for the answer, freezing the cookies first!

    By the way - those look delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!