Monday, July 23, 2007

Oven Disaster

This is what my oven looked like Friday morning.




Friday was Chuck's day off. I thought I was doing so well. I turned on the oven and had biscuits ready to go in. Chuck was feeding Megan so I went to blog. Next thing I know Chuck is yelling for me. Saying that I forgot to set the timer. No, I had not put anything in the oven. I walk in and smoke is rolling out of the oven.

Ugh!! I had attempted to make a Chocolate Zucchini Cake on Thursday evening. It was a disaster. The cake spilled over in the oven and the cake fell. One of those why did I even bother moments.

We had to leave Thursday evening so I did not have time to clean out the oven. I forgot all about it! My Friday was spent cleaning out the oven and airing out the house. Oh well. live and learn!

2 comments:

  1. Now that can drive a girl crazy. I loathe that burned smell! But zuchinni bread sounds like a great treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuk! Been there--this happened to me when a too-full pasta bake began creeping over the sides.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!