Friday, July 20, 2007

Old/New Friends

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday. I was able to connect with an old friend and make a new one at the same time!

My friend Michelle made a surprise visit. It had been several years since we had seen each other. She had some personal issues and moved out of state. She has been back in our great state for almost a year now. This is the first time we have been able to connect.

She brought a gift for Megan. A cute little dress. Also with her were her two daughters and a friend from her church.

Michelle and I immediately re-connected and I thought her friend was just delightful. They keep going on and on about different things in my home. They have the same interest in homekeeping that I do. It felt good to have someone appreciate all the things you do in your home.

When they left I felt that my spirit had been lifted! I am planning to invite both of them back for lunch and some crafting or maybe baking. It feels great to connect with those who share your interest.

Have you every meet a person and knew immediately that you would be friends?

2 comments:

  1. What a joy it is to find a connection of the heart. I really believe friends are a God given oasis as our hearts long for Him. Blessings today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several friends like that. There are also folks that I misjudged from the start, but became great friends with later.

    Friends are indeed a great blessing. Kinda' like the chocolate of life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!