Friday, July 27, 2007

Lemon Sparkle Muffins

My niece, Katie, spent the night and she made these delicious muffins for us.
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
3 eggs 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt 2/3 cup milk
1 tbs grated lemon peal
Topping:
1/4 cup sugar 1 tbs grated lemon peel
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in lemon peel. Fill paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle a rounded 1/2 tsp over each muffin. Bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to rack. Yield: 1 1/4 dozen.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, it is WONDERFUL!! We are another adoptive family from China! I will be visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY STARS!!! Anything with lemon in it is a MUST in my book!!!! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!