Friday, June 08, 2007

Encouraging Your Spouse

We live in a society where we are surround by negative comments. I know that I am subject to hearing friends complain about their spouse. I always wonder how different their life would be if they would encourage their spouse instead of complain about all the things they dislike.

I try to be an encouragement to Chuck. One of the things I do is sometimes is leave him a little note out with his things for the next day. Thursday was the last day of work for him this week and this is the note I left him:





I could not get a clear picture. This is what it says: "Happy last day of the work week! Let's hope for a long peaceful weekend full of joy and happiness! Love, Wendi"

Sometimes the note is as simple as Have a great day!, We love you! or Thanks for all you do. Chuck has commented that this simple gesture is encouraging and brings a smile to his face.

So the next time you are frustrated that your spouse left the cap off the toothpaste again remember you will be rewarded for the encouraging things you do for your spouse. A little kindness goes a long way!

6 comments:

  1. Amen Sista'! I try to encourage & praise my husband whenever I can...and I certainly wouldn't talk bad about him in front of others. Even though I get angry with him at times, he is still the man God created for me & he is a blessing in my life!

    Great idea on the notes...I'll have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great reminder. I sometimes leave milk duds or hot tamales as a treat for him... he doesn't buy things for himself! This reminded me to do that for him this week...He's been a huge help to me the last few weeks!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I know what you mean about the negative husband talk...it's so sad.
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wendi!! This is a WONDERFUL post!! In a day and age when men are bashed everywhere, it is GREAT to hear someone talk about encouraging our men!! Thank you for sharing this!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful suggestion, Wendi! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:18 PM

    Hi, I found you by way of Monica at The Homespun Heart. I just wanted to say how much I agree with you. I used to work at an office where all the women talked bad about their husbands. I could not stand it. It is definately not an "upper". Thanks for reminding us all to appreciate the man God gave us. Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!