Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pancake Mix



Here is how I made this mix:

3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
9 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt

I packaged it up in one of my favorite things... A Mason jar. I LOVE Mason jars!

I then added a tag with the the rest of the ingredients. I printed the tag on cardstock and attached it using a rubberband looped through a punched hole.

Use 1 1/2 cups of mix. Add 1 egg and 3/4 cup milk.(you may need to add a touch more milk depending on how thin you like your batter) and if desired 1/2 cup fresh/frozen fruit. We like blueberries! You will get 3 batches out of this jar.

With Mother's Day around the corner I thought this could make a nice gift. Add a fabric topper to the jar. Put in a basket with maple syrup. You could add a dishtowel, pancake flipper, cute shaped cookie cutter. Let your imagination go wild!

5 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea!!! Thank you for sharing this!! I LOVE pancakes!! For that matter, who doesn't love pancakes? :)

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute idea!!
    will the mix make waffles??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, I am not sure. I don't have a waffle iron, so I have never made waffles. If you try this mix with waffles please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love giving gifts like this - they always seem appreciated and are so homey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these in Martha Stewart Living and thought of your cute pancake mix jar:
    Go to marthastewart.com and put in "decorative jar lids" under the search. It looks easy and cheap to do! Happy Mother's Day! Your FIRST one!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!