Monday, May 07, 2007

Mitford Series



I have been on several blogs that talk about how great the Mitford Series is. I decided to find out for myself.

I started reading the first book Saturday afternoon. We were at my parents. Chuck and my dad were putting the pool filter together, mom was planting in her garden. Megan was quietly enjoying the playpen and I was sitting in the shade reading this delightful book. Such a pleasant way to spend the afternoon! I love to read and so far this book is living up to it's reputation.

4 comments:

  1. I thought the first book had a bit of a slow start, but the more you read, the more you fall in love with the characters. I love the series, and have read all but one. It is so nice to read a book that is uplifting. It makes you feel happy and wish you could actually live in a place like Mitford. Enjoy! Sounds like you had a lovey day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard several people mention that it took a bit to get into the first book - but I don't think you'll be sorry you persevered! These books are just so delightful!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the first book is a slow start also...I am so behind in reading right now!
    Can you tell me when you put the lollipop sticks in your cookies? Before or after they went in the oven...I assume after, but wanted to double check! I recruited a helper so I could get them finished in one day! I'll take pictures when I'm finished! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leanne, I put the stick in before I baked the cookies. That way the cookie had a chance to expand and bake around the stick.

    I am looking forward to seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!