Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mini Banana Bread



Tomorrow is our 6th anniversary. One of Chuck's favorite treats is Banana Bread. I made 6 mini loaves. I packaged one up as a surprise for Chuck's lunch box tomorrow. I saved back a second loaf to snack on this weekend and the others are going into the freezer.

This is the first time I have used this recipe. It is from my Betty Crocker cookbook.

1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 c margarine or butter; softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts (I omitted)

Place oven rack in lowest position. Heat oven to 350. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans. Mix sugar and margarine in large bowl. Sir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into pans. Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 1/4 hours. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the YUMMY recipe!! I have some bananas right now that need to be in banana bread!! :)

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!