Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.

We are a very patriotic family and many members of my family have served their country. During Desert Storm I lost a distant cousin, Brian Lane. He was killed in the line of duty while at the Kuwait airport. His hometown is a small town in southern Indiana. There is a street named in his honor. Each time I visit my dad's hometown I think of Brian.

So as we have our extended weekend with cookouts and department store sales, please remember the reason for the weekend. We are home of the free because of the brave!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi -

    Thank you for your kindness! I changed my mind, after deciding I enjoy blogging too much to let the bad attitude of a few ruin it for me. I do hope you'll visit me again...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!