Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Clematis

I noticed over the weekend that my Clematis is starting to bloom. It is full of buds so it should be simply beautiful this year.


What I really wanted to show all of you is what we used as a trellis... a screen door!


I knew that I really wanted to use a screen door. The only problem we had was how. The solution was to take two metal pipes that we drove into the ground. We spray painted them to match the door (I see they are in need of a new coat of paint this year) and then put the screen door in the middle. Then using u brackets the door and the pipes were attached together. It is functional, keeps an old door out of the landfill and added that little bit of country charm that I love!

5 comments:

  1. Lynn Maire12:54 PM

    What a great idea! I love it. I just found your blog and I am really enjoying it. I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Lynn Marie. I am happy to hear you will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! Might have to copy that one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SO pretty!! And what a fabulous idea to use the screen door! I LOVE IT!!!

    I planted two clematis plants this year and they are NOT doing well. I mean, should I have to water them EVERY day????

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I love it. It is blooming so beautiful. And what a lovely idea. I too, am enjoying your blog. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!