Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cookie Basket Recipes

I had a request for additional information on the cookie basket. To make the sugar cookies on the stick I used lollipop sticks made by Wilton. I inserted the sticks once I had the cookies on the sheet. To bag up the cookies I uses Wilton treat bags. I was able to purchase two sizes. A lollipop bag for the cookies on the stick and 4 x 9 1/2 in bags to bag up the other cookies. I was able to purchase all of this at Michael's.

Here are the recipes:

Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:PREHEAT oven to 375° F.COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
2 eggs
3 cups Quaker® Oats (any variety, uncooked)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

Instructions:Heat oven to 350°F. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Yield: 4 dozen.

Peanut Butter Blossoms

48 Kisses
1/2 c shortening
3/4 c peanut butter
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

In large bowl beat shortening & peanut butter until well beaten. Add sugar & brown sugar beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir in flour, baking soda & salt. Gradually add to peanut butter mixture. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes at 350. Immediately place kiss on cookie. Press until edges crack.

M&M Jumbles

1/2 c softened butter
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 oz M&M's

Beat butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg. Combine flour & baking soda blend into creamed mixture. Stir in M&M's. Drop rounded tbs about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 13 -15 minutes at 350

Sugar Cookies

3 c flour
1 c sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c butter
1 egg beaten
2 tbs cream
1 tsp vanilla

Sift flour with sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter using mixer until fine. Add egg, cream and vanilla. Blend thoroughly. Chill dough for handling. Roll onto floured surface 1/3 at a time 1/8 thickness. Cut into desired shape. Sprinkle with sugar or frost after baking. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 5-8 minutes at 400.

4 comments:

  1. YUMMM!!!! Thank you VERY much for posting these! I think the M&M Jumbles are calling my name the loudest!!!

    I have to ask, though... how in the WORLD did you have time to make all those with your sweet little bundle home now???

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took a very long day to get it them all baked. I started at nap time, took a break to play when she got up, had dinner ready to go in the oven... Meatloaf and baked potatos. Then when hubby got home he took over so I could finish baking. I cannot stress enough that it was a very.long.day. Then the next day at nap time I packaged all of the cookies and put the basket together.

    Megan is not really mobile yet, so that helps. She is such a good baby and loves to lay on the floor and play. Her new thing is rolling back and forth. As long as I am near and talking to her she enjoys the freedom of the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic idea. I think your agency will put you as one of their favorite people after receiving this basket of coookies.

    Also, Wendi I don't have your email address, I'm a tad bit scattered brained, I know that I had it at one time as you are my awesome Secret Pal, but somehow it disappeared. I know you want to follow along on our journey, if you could just drop me an email I will include you in our list of people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you shared your receipes! After I saw the basket, I thought what a great idea, and immediatly I wanted to know what kind of cookies. I was so glad to see them right there. This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!