Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Freezer Meals




I have been reading several post about freezer meals. It is not something I have ever done, but with our up coming trip I thought now was a good time to try it. Yesterday afternoon I used:

2 1/2 pounds of ground beef
4 jars of spaghetti sauce
2 packages of shredded cheese
1 box rotoni noodles
1/2 box of lasagna noodles
1/4 box rigatoni noodles

I made a rigatoni casserole for dinner last night. Then I froze a lasagna, rotoni casserole, and then some plain browned beef. Much cheaper then if I had purchased pre-frozen meals. I am sure after 17 days away from home all of this will taste great.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!!! I wish I had been able to make ahead and freeze meals before we left for China!!! But since our floor was being ripped out and replaced, I had no freezer to store food in!!! :(

    SMART planning on your part!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!