Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Blog Tea Party: Celebrating Marriage



Chuck and I were married May 4, 2001. I was 30 and he was 29, what some consider later in life. Chuck was not one to do much dating, he jokes and says he was waiting for me. Even though we joke about it, I believe it is true. God knew we were meant to be together and we had to patiently wait (me not always so patiently!) for the right time.

We decided not to have a large wedding. There was so much going on in my life at that time having my "dream" wedding would have been too much. At that time I was working 6 days a week about 80 hours a week. Not by choice, it was mandatory. The one thing we both agreed on is that we did not want to go to the Justice of Peace, we wanted to be married by a minister.

I was able to take 2 days off of work and we decided to go to Gatlinburg, TN to get married. We choose a quaint little chapel, Chapel in the Village.

Once we decided where, it was time to find a dress. I knew I could not have the typical wedding dress, but I knew I didn't want to get married in a suit. I found the perfect dress. It is a floor length tank type dress with a jacket. It has a crochet top layer over the satin. When I saw it, I knew it was perfect.

My bouquet was made by my friend, Carol. We worked together and would lunch together daily. My office gathered one afternoon and showered my with gifts. When Carol presented the bouquet I was so touched.

Off we went to Gatlinburg! The next day Friday, May 4th we were off get our marriage license. At 2 p.m. that afternoon we were married!

It was such a beautiful day and it turned out this was my dream wedding! I feel so blessed to have Chuck in my life. I grow more in love with him each day we are together.

Thanks to Monica for hosting this. Please check our her blog for more stories.

3 comments:

  1. awww...that is sweet. Your dress really is perfect, I really love it! I pray you enjoy many more blessed years together in good health.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet. You looked just beautiful on your wedding day. Thank you for sharing you story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby and I were 30 when we married :o)

    Your dress is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!