Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2007! Last year was a hard year for us. We started out the year with Chuck having a health crisis. I received a call to meet in the ER right after Christmas last year. He was having trouble taking a deep breath and when he went to see the company doctor he was sent to the ER. He ended up having Arterial Fibrillation. Which is an electrical problem where his heart was not beating correctly. He spent the night in the hospital and was given some test and sent home with several medications. He has had no problems since then. The only change for him is that this has slowed him down. He tends to tire more easily. I am so grateful that it is something easily controlled.

We also lost a couple of great people this year. Even though we rejoice in the fact that they are in Heaven, it is hard not to have them in our daily lives.

We thought that we would be united with our daughter last spring, but He had other plans. We should finally meet our Megan this year!

My office was closed in November, so I lost my job after working there for 9 years. Even though that was tough I am enjoying my time at home.

There were some great things that happened last year. Chuck's cousin, Melanie and her husband Michael brought home their son, Jacob, from the Ukraine. Mom continues to be cancer free. My nieces are happy, healthy and bring much joy to our lives! I continue to have a great relationship Chuck! I am truly blessed to have him in my life!

Here are some of my goals for the New Year:

*Bring our daughter home from China!
*Spend more time reading the Bible. My intentions are always good, but I let life get in the way of this. I will make this a priority this year.
*Start Weight Watchers. We will be starting Wednesday. I will post my weight loss here to make myself accountable.
*Spend less money (This should be easy since I don't have a job!) and attempt to become debt free.

I wish everyone a happy, peaceful New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, and good luck on your goals. They sound like good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh!!! I'm a Weight Watcher member, too!! I LOVE their plan! Of course, I DO occasionally venture off, but I stick to my points 99% of the time. It's a wondeful program and when you follow it you WILL lose weight!!

    I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!