Thursday, January 25, 2007

Crafting: Valentine Door Hanging

Starting the first of February I will put out a few things to celebrate Valentine's Day. To get ready I made this door hanging.




First I cut 2 identical hearts out of felt.




Then I cut out a smaller heart out of white felt and attached it to the middle of one of the hearts. Next I stitched the two hearts together using a whip stitch (if that is not the correct term, please let me know. That is what I have always heard it called.) I attached a coordinating ribbon and then stuffed the heart before making the final few stitches. (I did not have any batting, so I improvised and used cotton balls!)




I then hung this on the nursery door. I also plan to make one for our bedroom door. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That's darling ... I'm sewing challenged but I think I could do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!