Thursday, December 14, 2006

The TRUE Meaning of Christmas from the Mouth of a Babe

This afternoon I was at my parents and so was my sister and her two youngest girls. I was sitting on the floor playing legos with Lauren who is 4 years old. Here is part of our conversation:

Me: I really love Christmas!

L: Me too!

Me: What is your favorite part of Christmas?

L: (Thinks for a minute) It is not about presents or even Santa. It is about Jesus Birthday. (Then she leans in and whispers) And Grandpa gets to share his birthday with Jesus! (Dad's birthday is actually Christmas Eve.)

All I could do was smile and think your are so right, that is the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!