Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Shelves made for FREE




We made this shelf (2 of them)for my sister's Christmas.... for FREE! My sister recently re-decorated her bedroom. When we were done putting up the wallpaper, I snuck off with some of the extra. Here is how the shelves were made:

Chuck cut a 1x4x8 into 2 foot sections (he had an extra one in the shed.)

I then painted the boards with left over paint.

Chuck drilled out two holes on two of the boards for the pegs.

I wallpapered two of the boards with border - wrapping it around the edges of the board. While the wallpaper was still wet I cut slits where the peg holes are.

The pegs were then inserted. (These were left over from another project.)

The two boards were then screwed together.

Ta Da - Shelves. Even if you had to buy the board and pegs this still would be fairly inexpensive. The bonus to this is that it is customized to your decor!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendi! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I hope you'll visit again soon. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I have that same wallpaper in my laundry room! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!