Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Blessing of Greetings

A merry little greeting in a merry little way, for a merry little Christmas and a merry New Year's Day!

The American history of the greeting card goes back to 185, when a German immigrant named Louis Prang of Boston produced the first line of printed Christmas cards for the public to buy. They were an immediate hit! It's not too surprising to know that soon after this, arount 1880, the post office was urging one and all to "post early for Christmas!" ~ T.J. Mills

Christmas cards are one of my favorite things about Christmas. I especially like the cards with the letter or a quick note. It is such a treat to go to the mailbox and find a Christmas card!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!