Friday, November 10, 2006

What A Day!

One of my goals is to become a homemaker. Unexpectedly that is what I have become (for now anyway).

Two years ago my company (a small, local credit reporting agency) was sold to a large corporation. We had the promise of job security. Six months later half of the staff was let go. We were told that each office is reviewed every six months.

I have watched our office slowly become downsized. I also saw an office in California close, then New York and unfortunately our office today.

Yesterday we were told there was a corporate wide conference call today. We all (7 of us) gathered in the conference room and instead of a conference call there was a HR person from Virginia there. We were informed our office is immediately closed.

We all received a small severance package and that was it. Nine years at a job I really enjoyed gone.

My greatest concern is our adoption. Our approval to bring our daughter home will expire in March. It does not look like we will be home before that happens, so we need to have our home study updated and our approval extended. I am worried that without my income we may not make it. I can not believe this is happening. Surely God wouldn't let us come this far, just for it to end. I know everything happens for a reason and I need lie this burden with Him, but I can not help but worry. Please say a quick pray that it all works out.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lord,

    I come before you for my sister, Wendi. I pray that You would have Your way in her life. That everything would work out according to Your plan and that You would surround her with the peace that passes understanding. Nothing happens by accident in Your eyes and this is not a surprise to You. Please comfort and encourage her. Bring a sweet child into their home. Thank You for caring for all the details of her life. We thank You that Your will will be done. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 AM

    Dear Wendi, I came to visit from "A Place called Home" and saw this post. I am an adoptive mummy of a little man soon to be 3, and I know how hard the waiting, wondering and anxiety is. God gives you a mother's heart and all you want is that child He has for you in your arms, safe and secure. I have prayed for you today. May the Lord comfort you and may your little one soon be home. Love in Him, Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:03 PM

    The Lord will provide!!! Your being home is a blessing to your new little sweetie waiting in China for you! She will be so blessed to have you home! The Lord has provided for us amazingly more than we ever could have imagined!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!