Monday, November 06, 2006


Seven Years Ago Today

Seven years ago today Chuck and I had our first date. We went to school together, meeting in the 6th grade. His last name was B and mine was C, so we sat by each other often. I found him annoying (aren't most guys in the 6th grade annoying to girls!). We moved on to high school and I don't remember seeing him after we left middle school.

Jump forward to our 10 year high school reunion. We talked for a few minutes and he said there was a Halloween party a friend of his was having and to stop by. I said sure I would stop by. I ended up being sick that weekend. While he was at the party I left him a message saying that. I left the message because I said I would stop by and didn't want him to think I blew off the party. He called back the next evening and asked me out!

The next Saturday afternoon he picked me up and we went to the mall and walked around (we shared a delicious cookie, a peanut butter cookie shaped like a cup filled with chocolate icing ~ I am making those for him, so I will share that in another post). We then went to dinner at Chi-Chi's. A mexican restaurant that is no longer around. We saw a movie. For the life of me I can not remember the name of it. It had Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones. That is all I remember.

He phoned the next afternoon and the rest is history!

Tonight he came phone with 1 red rose. He said because I am his one and only! How lucky I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!