Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Service

For those of you who did not tune into Oprah today, it was about the homes that Oprah's Angel Network has built in the Katrina/Rita Hurricane region. One of her guest was Matthew McConaughey. He has been active in hurricane relief since the beginning. Today he announced that he sold his Corvette on e bay to build a playground. He said something that really made me think...

"We schedule our work. We schedule our vacations. Service is the harder, selfishly sometimes, to schedule. But I've notice for me and for everybody that I know that signs up to give some time to something, as soon as you're done it feels like the vacation from the inside out"

Made me go "Uuh, what have I done lately?" Something to think about.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!