Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Junk Mail

I receive tons of junk mail each day. Lots of pre-approved credit card offers, mortgage and insurance offers. So much that it is really annoying. I work for a credit reporting agency and the way pre-approved offers work is that a company such as Household Bank contacts the credit bureaus and says we are looking for people 29-40 with A credit and then the credit bureaus give them a list of people who meet the criteria. Then they send out a mass mailing.

I have a solution....you can call 888-5-opt-out to stop pre-approved offers. It is an automated system where you can have your information blocked for 5 yrs or for life. I can't wait for the mail to lighten up!

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad to know this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really??? Thanks a bunch! Just today I was thinking that I would get online and see how to get off those lists.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!